Monday, June 11, 2007

3 Weeks in Athens

Hey everybody! We're still alive. Things are going great here in Georgia. Brooks made it through 2 weeks of orientation and today was his first day of classes. He has 2 classes per day for a few weeks and then 2 new classes per day for another few weeks. I think he is liking his program a lot and he has made lots of great new friends.

I'm still in the market for a job. Athen's isn't an easy place to find work but I'm starting to get a better feel for things. I have a few good prospects right now so lets all hope that something pulls together for us!

Zibby is being a good boy here too. Our neighbors love to play with him and they always knock on our door to see if they can play with him. he is great with the kids. I don't know if he will ever get used to the weather. It's pretty warm for him....go figure. There is a great boy down the street named Jarillius (seirously) who loves to come and walk Zibby and Zibby loves to play with him. Sometimes Ja' comes twice a day and Zibby gets so excited to see him. It's also nice having a dog to help kill some bugs in the house. The other morning I ran into a massive roach in the kitchen and Zibby took care of it. Then he set the dead roach down on the floor and stared at it with such victory. It was great.

Speaking of bugs! This place is the bug hub. There are spiders everywhere and of all varieties....and centipedes, and giant flys, and overgrown wasps.... and other things that I have no idea what they are. Last night I found a long centipede looking bug in our living room...not so harmless considering it had two huge pincher claws on its head. I had Brooks take care of it for me. Later I found out from the neighbors that those things like to sink their pinchers into humans! ahhhh!

So all in all things are great. I planted some garden pots today with zucchini, tomatoes, and cucmbers. I hope they grow well!

4 comments:

MissLed said...

Hi Bonny! It sounds like you guys are doing great. I'm glad you made it there safe and sound! I have some kind of crazy news. I am going to work for my mom's company doing property management, so I'm leaving the UW in July. Ahhhh! I have really mixed emotions about it. I love the people at UW, but I'm also excited about the new opportunity. I totally cried when I told Jason. I know you understand...big changes can be hard sometimes even when you know they are for the best. Anyway, hope all is well in GA! Take Care.

Melanie

Melissa and Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa and Nate said...

You've got to be dying with all those bugs! I'm glad Zibby is helping you out. I love hearing these updates!

Rachel said...

love reading all about your new and exciting life... hope you guys are great! we updated our blog too so take a look... you are even on there, or your blog is.