Friday, August 21, 2009

Local Gems

My friend Liz and I recently visited two Salt Lake City gems! First, I stopped off at Frosty Darling, a boutique featuring retro-modern/vintage art, candy and gifts. I spotted great wall decor idea that inspired me to do something similar in our nursery. Aren't these great?





Next, we skipped around the corner to Gourmandise (bakery). I was absolutely smitten by the tarts with sparking fruit and the deliciously flaky looking pastries. It was lunch time so I ordered a simple cup of vegetable, beef, and barley soup with a wheat roll. It was delicious. I'm already planning my next visit where I hope to be able to try one of each item in their display case. Seriously.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I LOVE Gourmandise. Their strawberry tarts with chocolate drizzle over them are divine. Also, try a breadbowl of cream of spinach soup sometime. You leave about 10 lbs heavier, but very, very happy inside. Mmm...

Molly said...

Love the wall art idea. You could replicate that pretty easily.

Wendy said...

That one with the strawberries and kiwis looks amazing. Where is this place? Never heard of it!