Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Preggo Advice

I'm enjoying the pregnancy posts on Design Mom this week. I especially liked this one from Jenny the Bloggess:

Advice for women who are too pregnant to function anymore:

Inevitably your husband will come home to find you unable to move under the weight of this gigantic fetus you are carrying and will want to know why the house is a mess and dinner isn't made and then you'll want to stab him because this is all his fault but you don't have the energy to find a clean knife.And you'll want to explain how completely exhausting being pregnant is but men never understand so whenever Victor would say "How can you be tired? You hardly did anything today!" I'd respond, "I made someone's ear canals today. Inside my stomach. Without even using my hands. What did you do today? Paperwork? God, how exhausting. I MADE SOMEONE'S NERVOUS SYSTEM."Then my husband would walk away, suitably impressed. Or scared. Either way he left me alone. And this is how you have a successful marriage.

4 comments:

Josh and Kelsey said...

Bon, I hope you're still doing well and having lots of fun preparing for baby. Decided on a name? Are you guys taking any classes???

=)

K said...

That is hilarious, and SO true! :)

Erin said...

that is awesome! loved the part about no clean knife! hope you are feeling well. so excited for you!

KayStar said...

"what did you do today?" love it! drew would say, "I just don't understand what you do all day and the house looks like this" i should have used that line.... shoulda, coulda, woulda....