Sunday, November 11, 2007

Georgia vs. Auburn

So this past Saturday my Georgia Bulldogs took on the Auburn Tigers in good old Sanford Stadium. This is one of the biggest games for both teams during the season, and a win for the Dawgs meant a share of the SEC east lead. The seniors on the team called for a complete blackout, which means that all the fans wear black shirts, which can be seen in these next two pictures.
This next picture is of the team during their pre-game warm ups. They wore their traditional red home uniforms.

After the warm ups the team went back to the locker room for the last couple of minutes before kick off. This set up one of the most exciting moments of the game, the team came running out of the tunnel in black uniforms. The stadium erupted with cheers, and it really pumped our guys up! Here are a couple of pictures from the game.


Oh yeah my Dawgs won! 45-20, which sets us up for a BCS bowl, if we can win the rest of our games! The sign on the big screen says, "Knowshon can not be stopped."


P.S. This is where Uga the Bulldog lives.

9 comments:

Molly said...

Go UGA! Florida State does blackout too. I have a T-shirt from a couple of years ago. Not that I was there or anything.

Jake said...

Awesome. My university doesn't have a football team, and it is a little sad. I am jealous that you guys get to enjoy the UGA atmosphere.

Jentry said...

Did you go to the bathroom while you were there? I heard that they had special people there to flush the toilets because of the drought.

Bonny said...

special flushers? Thats hilarious. I have no idea. I didn't use the restroom there. I'll do some research.

Bonny said...

wow jentry you were right:

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=203636&c=10

I think its a little funny...but the drought is that bad.

Jentry said...

I heard it on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and I thought, was that the same game Bon when to? Crazy stuff! When are you going to be in Zion? hee hee

Ann said...

You've been tagged! Which means you get to list six interesting things about yourself. Then, tag six other people, leaving comments on their blogs so they know they've been tagged.

-Game sounded fun.

Ann

The Flynn's said...

I like how you explained the whole blackout thing. That's way too much work for me.

Bonny said...

ya...only Brooks would be dedicated enough to explain it all. Football posts are always his :)