Monday, September 24, 2007

8 Things

A tag is a nice solution to a lack of blogging ideas for the day. Robin tagged me to list 8 habits or facts about myself. (I'm going to steal some ideas from her...)

1. I have recetly become obsessive compulsive about flossing and using mouth wash. I do each of them almost three times a day and I'm constantly thinking about when is the next time that I can clean my mouth. Crest makes a wonderful tasting mouth wash called Crest Pro-Health. It doesn't have the taste and sting of alcohol like Listerine and other brands. I highly recommend it.

2. Brooks and I love to watch The Office (It took me a few episodes to catch on to the 'style' of the show). I like it so much that I find myself totally involved in the lives of people on the show, primarily Jim and Pam. Sometimes when I haven't seen an episode for a while, I find myself almost missing them as though they are real people that I haven't seen in a while. I just want to hang out with them cuz they are so funny and cool. This is one series that we will own all seasons on DVD for sure. I could watch them over and over again.



3. I danced through most of my middle school, jr. high, and highschool years. Between Drill Team and Dance Company I probably danced close to 6 hours a day. I loved it! It wasn't practical to major in dance in college so I left it behind. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get involved in dancing again. (I'm talking about jazz, ballet, hip hop, modern, etc) My husband says I could just join a team at a highschool and nobody would ever know...but Southern dancing is really weird and out dated. At least once a week I have a dream at night that I'm with my dance group either practicing or getting ready to perform/compete. Usually there is some catch that I don't have the right clothes or I somehow forgot the whole routine. My closest recovery was a few dance classes through Granite School District and a hip-hop class at Golds Gym. And the TV show So You Think You Can Dance, I love it!


4. I like to buy books. I've never been much of a library user although I'd like to be. If I want to read a book I like to buy it and keep it and store it and add it to my collection. I also really like used bookstores for some reason. The books are cheaper and there is some sort of specialness about a book that has been read and used that I like. The last book I bought was The Memory Keeper's Daughter.


5. Despite the fact that I ran the Salt Lake Marathon in April of 2005, I hate to exercise (unless it is dancing). I'm really lazy. Strangely though, I'm planning to run the Nashville 1/2 Marathon in the spring.

6. I have strong opinions about things like credit card companies (see the Maxed Out movie for an extreme view), irresponsible personal financial behaviors, and the Georgia Teachers Retirement System.

7. I love art and design although I'm not good enough to make a career out of it. I majored in Graphic Design for my first two years of college. I loved it althought it was hard work and I really couldn't compete with some of the talent of my classmates. See my other blog.

8. Musical instruments I've played: piano-I recently bought my own piano but I had to leave it back in Utah and I'm sad about that, guitar, banjo, violin (started and quit in 6th grade because it wasn't "cool" and now I regret doing that), accordian (my dad plays the accordian, funny huh!, he taught me how to play it once)

Now I would like to tag some of my blog friends Katey T., Garrett, Cas, Molly, Whitney, Katie F., Kay ...and anyone else who is inclined to play.

3 comments:

garrett said...

Oh great! I'd like to pretend I didn't read this blog so I don't have to do this, but I check your blog all the time and I'd feel guilty every time I read yours! Plus, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and I've seen a couple of these "tag" type posts, so who am I to not conform? :)

I will tell you that first, I will be writing a blog about the St. George triathlon that I went to (didn't compete in, just went to), and then I'll get this one, I promise.

Robin said...

Thanks for playing! I did not know you were a dancer.

Here are the details of my smoothie-making:
I just blend up orange juice and any mixture of bagged frozen fruits. Blueberry + blackberry + raspberry + strawberry is my favorite combo. I also cut up bananas and freeze them beforehand to use, too. I also put in about a tsp. of ground flaxseed (I get it in a box at walmart). I have a personal-size blender so the task is less daunting (don't have to worry about taking apart and cleaning a big blender every time - I just rinse out my little one). So for breakfast I always have a smoothie along with my oatmeal or eggs or whatever else I'm eating. I swear I have only had 1 or 2 colds in the time I have been doing this regularly!

Haley said...

I just decided to start the mouthwash thing, but mine feels like it's eating me alive from the inside out! Maybe I should switch brands.

Oh, and I'll complete this tag as soon as I get a minute to do so. So check up on me every now and then...